To celebrate today’s royal birth (it’s a boy!), I thought I’d post my Top Ten Royalty In Movies. I’ll count down from ten to my number one favorite:
10. Coming To America – Prince Akeem (The royal penis is clean!)
9. Princess Mononoke – Princess Mononoke
8. The Lion King – Simba & Mufasa (And I’d like to point out that Mufasa is voiced by James EARL Jones! Ha!)
7. Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure – The Earl Of Preston & The Duke Of Ted (And if that’s not acceptable, I’ll go with the two princesses. Those are historical babes! Plus, the royal ugly dudes…)
6. Monty Python And The Holy Grail – King Arthur
5. Pulp Fiction – Royale With Cheese
4. The Princess Bride – Prince Humperdinck & Princess Buttercup
3. Rear Window – Grace Kelly (Actual royalty! Am going with my favorite of her films. Look at her – classic beauty!)
2. Star Wars – Princess Leia (Of course!)
1. Aliens – The Alien Queen (Look at that! Freaking awesome. The genius of H.R. Giger)
Spaceballs – Princess Vespa
Stephen King Adaptations – Stephen King cameos
Carrie – Carrie White (prom queen! yeah?) :-p
Disney Princess Movies – I’ll be lazy & just say all the princesses
The Aristocats – Duchess
The Neverending Story – The Childlike Empress
King Kong – King Kong
Purple Rain – Prince
The King Of Comedy – Rupert Pupkin
Enemy Of The State – Because it stars The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air AND Regina King :-p
Star Wars (and many other soundtracks) – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Flash Gordon – Emperor Ming The Merciless, Prince Vultan, Princess Aura, Prince Barin, some more I think, AND music by Queen. This movie is royal-rific! And Ted loves it…
These are the types of films I like. I looked at lists of proper “royal” films. You know what? I’ve seen hardly any of them! So this is my list of personal preferences. And I think it’s way more fun. 🙂
I was just about to suggest King Arthur when I saw you’d included it. Good choices!
Thanks. 🙂 And I knew you’d approve of that one. Lol
Love your top choice! 🙂 Great list, I can’t think of anything i’d add!
Thanks. 🙂 I actually had way more but my honorable mentions list was getting too long!
Flash Gordon and Co. deserve better but he’s just a man.
With a man’s courage.
Nothing but a man.
And he can never fail.
No one but the pure of heart may find the golden grail.
Are you two having fun?? Lol 🙂
No Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?
I thought of it but couldn’t add it as I’ve never actually seen it… 🙂
Wait – woah woah woah
I just thought of something – where’s Prince of Darkness?????????????
You’re going to stop talking to me:
I’d have added it but I only put movies on lists if I’ve actually…..
I won’t stop talking to you but
Well, I’ve been meaning to do a little “John Carpenter challenge” thing where I watch and rank all his films. Well, not the really shit ones. 😉 So… I may get around to watching it someday!
( ! )
Censor bar ruined my day 😦
Haha! You can Google it – I had a hard time actually finding the censored version of that photo. I’m a girl – no naked boobies allowed on my blog! :-p
Haha I could find better than that if I Googled 😀
Me too! Not that I’d do that kind of thing… 😉
Haha, great take on the list. No King Kong though? 😉
Thanks! It’s in the honorable mentions 😉
Of course! I should have looked more closely
Good choices. Although Purple Rain is (in my biased opinion) the world film ever made.
Worst film? Lol. Oh yes – it truly is shit! But it’s SO 80s! *sigh* I love the 80s. Even the horribly shit 80s. 😉
I love that The Royale with Cheese made it in! I really need to see Princess Mononoke.
I had to include that. 😁 Yes, you do need to see Mononoke! It’s great. 🙂