Ever since watching Birdman with its love it or hate it drum score (I thought it fit the film well but it got annoying) then of course Whiplash with all of its drumming, I’ve been thinking that I really need to do a list of My Top Ten Drummers In Movies. So here you go! 🙂
10. Miles Teller as Andrew in Whiplash
Well, I have to include Miles Teller since Whiplash was the inspiration for this post. I’m still not a big fan of his (he’s got a smarmy look) but Whiplash was good. Maybe I’ll change my mind about him – he’s in like a million movies coming out this year.
9. Ringo Starr in Yellow Submarine
Come on – it’s The Beatles! I had to include Ringo. I love Yellow Submarine.
8. The Wyld Stallyns “historical babe” in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
The redhead! Not many great pictures online. I had to include Bill & Ted – I love these guys!
7. The kid (Kevin Clark as Freddy Jones) in School Of Rock
I know that not everyone likes Jack Black but I DO and School Of Rock is one of my favorite movies in recent years. It’s great!
6. Dave Grohl in The Muppets (as Animool in Muppets tribute band “The Moopets”) & in documentary Sound City
I also HAD to find a way to include Dave Grohl. Grohl rules! He was hilarious in The Muppets but I also had to mention & link to my Sound City review again – I really enjoyed that documentary. More than anything, I think I just love how much of a music fan Dave Grohl is himself.
5. The Ewok that plays drums on the Stormtrooper helmets
Does this count? Yes, it does. Because it’s MY list! 😉
4. Peter “James” Bond & Mick Shrimpton in This Is Spinal Tap (spontaneous combustion & explosion)
I couldn’t do a list of drummers without including at least some of the Spinal Tap drummers who died tragically.
3. Animal from The Muppet Movie (well, all Muppet movies)
Again – what list of drummers would be complete without Animal?!
2. Mary Stuart Masterson as Watts in Some Kind Of Wonderful
I want to be as cool as Mary Stuart Masterson was in Some Kind Of Wonderful! Unfortunately, I’m more like my number one……
1. Garth Algar in Wayne’s World
“I like to play…” *ting!*
I worship Garth Algar. He’s my soulmate. I’m basically the female equivalent of Garth. (Should I admit that??)