Happy Birthday to Arnold Schwarzenegger, who turns 68 today! Yes, 68! Wow – he looked pretty great in Terminator Genisys.
Being a girl, I’m not going to pretend like I worship Arnold Schwarzenegger or anything. However, I do really love a few of his films & always preferred him to other DUDES in “movies for DUDES” such as Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme & especially Steven Seagal (Ew).
So, in honor of Arnie’s birthday, here are My Top Ten Arnold Schwarzenegger Movies, counting down from ten (btw – I’ve not seen all of his movies):
10. Dave (I barely remember this but hated the remainder I’ve seen – True Lies, Jingle All The Way & Junior – so couldn’t include those!)
9. Commando (all I really remember is liking that Alyssa Milano was in this – maybe I should have just done a top five! 😉 )
7. Total Recall (although I don’t recall so much of this anymore – time for a re-watch!)
5. The Running Man
4. Kindergarten Cop
3. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1. The Terminator
**There are a lot of big celebrity birthdays today (I almost did a Richard Linklater list instead) so here’s wishing a Happy Birthday to these celebrities as well:
– Christopher Nolan (I’m sorry, Chris, but I hated Interstellar. The Prestige is excellent, though!)
– Richard Linklater (I love you, dude, so I’m very sorry I trashed your movie Slacker on Monday)
– Peter Bogdanovich (thank you for making Mask! it’s one of my top ten favorite movies but I always ALWAYS cry, dammit. Damn those map pins!!!!!)
– Laurence Fishburne (you may be in a lot of movies but my personal favorite of yours is Searching For Bobby Fischer. it’s an excellent underrated film!)
– Lisa Kudrow (hey Lisa, you were the best female character on Friends!)
– Christine Taylor (you were great as Marcia in The Brady Bunch Movie! I’m sorry that you lost your hair in The Craft & that you have to be married to Ben Stiller)
– Hilary Swank (you may have an Oscar but you’ll always be the girl in The Next Karate Kid to me)
– Vivica A. Fox (Kill Bill rules! sorry you were killed first. oh wait… it’s a Tarantino movie… maybe it wasn’t all in chronological order)
– Jean Reno (it’s not my favorite movie ever but you were great in Léon)
– Jaime Pressly (I loved you on My Name Is Earl!)
– Also: Happy Birthday to adorable Wil Wheaton yesterday and to sexy Michael Biehn, Kyle Reese himself from my favorite movie on this list, tomorrow. You’re 59 tomorrow, Michael, so I guess I’ll have to kiss you 59 times! Or is it 59 spanks?